Hutchinson Symphony Concert - Spring Reigns Supreme! - CANCELLED
April 19 • 3:00 PM
Hutchinson's Historic Fox Theatre
18 E. 1st Ave.
Hutchinson, KS 67501
Get Directions »
Time: 3:00 PM
The April 19th show has been cancelled.
For your season finale, we are thrilled to feature some of our best local talent as Dr. Schroeder thrills us with his passion and talent on jazz trumpet, and welcoming Badinage to the stage is always a treat. Round that out with American composers Barber and Copland! Concert features Samuel Barber's First Essay for Orchestra, Appalachian Spring composed by Aaron Copland, Allan Gilliland's A Jazz Concerto for Trumpet in Dreaming of the Masters III featuring Dr. Nick Schroeder along with selections featuring Hutchinson Community College's jazz vocal group Badinage under the direction of Neal Allsup.
- American Composer Samuel Barber's First Essay for Orchestra
- The beloved Appalachian Spring composed by Aaron Copland premiered in 1944 and has achieved widespread and enduring popularity as an orchestral suite.
- Allan Gilliland, a contemporary Canadian composer wrote A Jazz Concerto for Trumpet in Dreaming of the Masters III. The Symphony is thrilled to feature the incredibly talented Dr. Nick Schroeder on Trumpet for this presentation.
- Dr. Nick Schroeder is the Director of the Jazz Program at Hutchinson Community College. He is active as a professional commercial musician with numerous appearances as a guest artist & clinician and maintains a busy career freelancing with professional groups in Central Kansas. Dr. Schroeder is the principal trumpet in the Hutchinson Symphony. Dr. Schroeder collaborates regularly with prominent jazz educators at all levels of education across Kansas.
- The Hutchinson Community College nationally acclaimed and award-winning jazz vocal group Badinage will delight us, performing under the direction of Neal Allsup.
- Adult: $25.00
- Senior: $25.00
- Student: $10.00
- FAEP: $10.00