June 16 - June 18
You won't want to miss the Smallville Festival, June 16-18, in Downtown Hutchinson, put on by Hutch Rec. See the full scheudle of events below:
Third Thursday: June 16, 2022 – Smallville Celebration presented by First National Bank of Hutchinson
Avenue A Park: (Main Street from Avenue A to Avenue C will be closed to celebrate)
- 6:00 p: Festival Kickoff on Main Stage at Ave. C & Main
- Official Reading of Proclamation to become Smallville
- 6:00 p: Downtown Block Party hosted by Splinters ‘N’ Rust DIY Workshop and Lit Studios Paint & Pottery
- Live Music
- Costume Contest
- Food Trucks
- Sugar Sweet Bounce Houses & Inflatables
- Family Music — Learning & Playtime
Chester I Lewis Plaza | 15 E 1st Avenue
- 5:30p: Juneteenth Celebration Talent Show hosted by Hutchinson NAACP — Entry to perform in the talent show is FREE. Sign up through Facebook Messenger with Hutchinson NAACP
14 North, 14 N. Main Street:
- 6:00p: Public tabletop games sessions with the gaming group “smol.hills”
Sandhills Brewing, 111 W. 2nd Avenue:
- 8:00 – 9:00p: Music on Main Meetup and Open Mic Night.
Friday, June 17, 2022 – Celebrate Smallville’s Heroes presented by First National Bank of Hutchinson
Reno County Museum, 100 S. Walnut:
- 11:00a – 1:30p: Stop by and thank a local superhero as Reno Co. Museum will have First Responders on-hand, as well as a Community Heros display — Hosted by Sleep Shoppe and Furniture Gallery.
Stringer Fine Art Building, 600 E 11th:
- 8:00a – 2:00p: American Red Cross Blood Drive hosted by H.E.E.L.O. Inc.
Chester I Lewis Plaza, 15 E. 1st Avenue:
- 5:30p : Join for fun, LIVE music, food, and a skit by the youth of NAACP hosted by Hutchinson NAACP
Fox Theater, 18 E. 1st Avenue:
- 7:00 p: Superman: The Movie – Free showing at the historic Fox Theatre hosted by Sonoco
Salt City Brewery, 514 N. Main:
- 8:00 p: FREE “Thank you, Smallville!” Street Concert — provided by The Evans Family at Salt City Brewing.
- Band: Lost Wax Band, America’s Original Mashup Party Band out of Kansas City
- Food Trucks
- Bar Service both indoors & outdoors
Saturday, June 18, 2022 – Smallville Saturday Presented by First National Bank of Hutchinson
DCI Park, 2nd & Main:
- 7:00a – Juneteenth Pancake Feed hosted by H.E.E.L.O. INC.
- Serving FREE breakfast of pancakes, sausage, juice, water and coffee.
- 8:00a – Superhero 1-mile begins
- 8:30a – Smallville 5k begins hosted by Kanza Bank
- 10:00a – 4:30p – Car Show hosted by Salt City Cruisers
- 11:00a – Professional Slackline Performances
Reno County Farmers Market, 103 W. 2nd Avenue:
- 8:00a – 12:00p – Visit Reno County’s Farmers market for fresh produce and handmade goods.
- Enjoy a LIVE performance by the winner of the NAACP Juneteenth Celebration Talent Show (held on Thurs. June 16)
Kansas State Fairgrounds:
- 10:00a – 7:00p – SmallvilleCon
DCI Park (2nd & Main Street):
- 4:00p – 5:00 p – Smallville Pub Crawl Check in (One hour only) hosted by Data Center INC.
- 4:30 p – 7:00 p – Smallville Pub Crawl