May Third Thursday - Celebrating Active Living!
May 16 • 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Time: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
It's Third Thursday! Every month is special and you don't want to miss it. Music, Art, Fun and More - all Downtown. In May, join us on Main Street from Avenue B to DCI Park to Celebrate Active Living!
Featured Activities: 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Youth Sprint Bike Races (4-6 yr olds): in front of Smith's Market & Westlake Hardware on the Ave C to Ave B block. Check-in starts at 5:45 p.m. at the public lot straight east of Smith's Market off oc Ave C. 6:15 p.m. is 4 & under sprint; 6:30 p.m. is 5 yr old sprint; 7:00 p.m. is 6 yr old sprint. Prizes and gifts provided by Smith's Market & Westlake Hardware.
- Fitness Demos: Join Hutch Rec fitness staff at the Avenue A Park gazebo for a variety of demos, including yoga, spinning, and even paddle boarding along Cow Creek!
- KS Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics: Starting at 5:45 p.m., members of the Reno County Sheriff's Department and Hutchinson Police Department will run from DCI Park (2nd & Main) south to Smith's Market with our local Special Olympics athletes.
- Reno County Museum Chalkfest: Participants can chalk draw in designated areas around the museum courtyard. Drawings will be judged and prizes awarded in various age categories.
- Hutchinson Art Center: Public art reception for ceramicist Barbara Stevens, 5-8 p.m.
Info Booths & Activities: 5:30-8:30 p.m.:
- Hutchinson Middle School Orchestra - classical music concert in DCI Park.
- State Fair Promenaders Square Dance Club
- Alicia Mora - violinist
- Cause for Paws
- Mod Squad
- Bernie Sanders 2020
- Central Kansas Roller Derby/Yellow Brick Rollers Jr Roller Derby
- Girl Scouts of the Kansas Heartland
- New Beginnings Inc.
- Evolution Car Show
- First Southern Baptist Church
- Prairie Independent Living Resource Center
- Rainboo Kangaroo
- Crafty Things by Rhonda
- Younique/CM Enterprises
- Lularoe with the Yogis Girls
- Team Lewis Body Art
- MacKenzie with Bellame
- Krista Sprinkle art sale
- Blazefork Photography