Hiking and Biking Trails
Hutchinson/Reno County offers 12 miles of outstanding hiking and biking trails for walkers, joggers, and bicyclists. Enjoy the outdoors on the hard-surface trails.
More than 12 miles of dedicated all-weather hike/bike trails are available in Hutchinson for walkers, joggers, and bicyclists. The most significant section - the scenic Jim P. Martinez Sunflower Trail - connects Rice Park in northwest Hutchinson to Carey Park in the southern portion of the city. There is also dirt and gravel trails available at Rice Park (1.3 miles) and around Dillon Nature Center (3 miles).
Hard-surface trails include the following:
- Plum Street just south of 43rd Avenue to Dillons Marketplace (30th and Waldron); approximately 2 miles
- 30th Avenue and Lorraine Street southeast along GVI ditch to 24th Avenue and Halstead Street (including connection to Lorraine Street trail); 1.7 miles
- Along Lorraine Street from 17th Avenue to just north of 23rd Avenue: 3/4 mile
- Loop around Carey Park: 3.03 miles
- New bike lanes on East Avenue A connect southeast Hutchinson with the downtown corridor.